Disclaimer: I was sent a couple of spice blends for free to create recipes and share, but all opinions are my own.
Happy Hobbit Day! Today is a day many Tolkien fans celebrate in honor of Bilbo and Frodo Baggins birthday. I am celebrating this year by sharing a new spice blend inspired by Lord of the Rings as part of the 2020 #BlendsBash hosted by Book Club Cook Book. They have a variety of spices inspired by books, songs, and shows and I love all the creativity and punny names! They are great gift ideas for the book lovers in your life or fuel for your own creativity in the kitchen.
I am excited to feature the Lord of the Wings rub today that I used to make delicious Baked Buffalo Wings! With a bit of a spicy kick and a touch of sweetness we polished off these wings in no time! The recipe I used is below. I tried it both with and without adding Buffalo sauce and both were delicious, but I preferred with the sauce.
Baked Buffalo Wings
(recipe adapted from Spend With Pennies)
2 pounds chicken wings (split and tips removed)
1 1/2 tablespoons flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons The Lord of the Wings spice rub
1 1/2 cups buffalo sauce (optional)– store bought or homemade. This is the recipe I used for homemade.
- Preheat over to 425* F.
- Pat wings dry with a paper towel. Toss with flour, baking powder, and The Lord of the Wings seasoning.
- Line a pan with foil, place a piece of parchment paper on the foil (if using buffalo sauce). Place wings in a single layer on baking pan.
- Bake wings 20 minutes, flip and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove wings from oven and pour sauce over top. Mix on parchment paper until coated. Slide parchment out from under wings.
- Turn oven to broil and broil wings 10 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with blue cheese dressing (my preference), ranch, another topping or on their own.
And for more Tolkien fun, check out this blog party hosted by The Edge of the Precipice going on right now!